cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FaxPress 2500 and Cisco 2800 gateway

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Anyone ever connect a FaxPress 2500 Analog FAX Server to FXS ports on a cisco gateway?

The FaxPress is expecting DTMF tones for the numbers so it can route FAX to the right mailbox but a FXS port isn't going to send down DTMF once it is connected.

Does anyone know if a FXO port on the gateway would work with a FaxPress 2500?

4 Replies 4

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried changing the FaxPress to accept DID or is this not an option? I've connected a few FaxPress servers to FXS ports using this exact configuration.

Thanks,

Jon

Ok, then can you help in how to configure the dial-peers on the router to send DID (DTMF) for a FAX call the FaxPress will recognize and process? The FaxPress 2500 is a 2 port analog model from their website.

As far as I can tell, once the FXS port goes offhook no more digits are sent. Right now the FaxPress gets a FAX but can't route it to the DID (individual mailbox) since no digits are being sent.

I only have access to the router, someone else is doing the FaxPress side which I have not worked with before. They tell me the FAX ends up in the unaddressed mailbox or something.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Erick

I got this working by using prefix on the dial-peer with FXS voice-port 1/2.

dial-peer voice 1234 pots

destination-pattern 1234

port 1/2

prefix 1234

Hey man!

Do you ever get any Protocol errors in Faxpress? I just put one some FXS ports. Incoming works ok, outbound, is not though.. odd....

Any tips?