cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FaxPress 2500 and Cisco 2800 gateway

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Anyone ever connect a FaxPress 2500 Analog FAX Server to FXS ports on a cisco gateway?

The FaxPress is expecting DTMF tones for the numbers so it can route FAX to the right mailbox but a FXS port isn't going to send down DTMF once it is connected.

Does anyone know if a FXO port on the gateway would work with a FaxPress 2500?

4 Replies 4

Jon Nelson
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried changing the FaxPress to accept DID or is this not an option? I've connected a few FaxPress servers to FXS ports using this exact configuration.

Thanks,

Jon

Ok, then can you help in how to configure the dial-peers on the router to send DID (DTMF) for a FAX call the FaxPress will recognize and process? The FaxPress 2500 is a 2 port analog model from their website.

As far as I can tell, once the FXS port goes offhook no more digits are sent. Right now the FaxPress gets a FAX but can't route it to the DID (individual mailbox) since no digits are being sent.

I only have access to the router, someone else is doing the FaxPress side which I have not worked with before. They tell me the FAX ends up in the unaddressed mailbox or something.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Erick

I got this working by using prefix on the dial-peer with FXS voice-port 1/2.

dial-peer voice 1234 pots

destination-pattern 1234

port 1/2

prefix 1234

Hey man!

Do you ever get any Protocol errors in Faxpress? I just put one some FXS ports. Incoming works ok, outbound, is not though.. odd....

Any tips?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: