cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

pix 515e built-in interfaces problem

emad.silicon
Level 1
Level 1

i have cisco pix515E with three interfaces tow are built-in and one is external , i'm configure my pix in the simple set way just inside(e1) 100 and outside(e0) 0 , the problem was i can not ping or connect to any of my inside or outside interfaces where i can ping and connecte the dmz(e2) external interface ,when i plug the cable it seems to be connected and evrey thing is good but both built-in interfaces can not act with me i'm romve all configuration and write it agine and fromat the entier flash and load the new image i tried 6.2,6.3 and 7.0 and i still have the sam problem ,i thing it is a hardware problem, pleas don't aske me to check my configuration i'm sure it all ok it a simple configuration and i'm (CCNP and CCSP cisco certifited) , it is realy strange problem , so can any one help pleas

7 Replies 7

pstebner1
Level 1
Level 1

If you do a sh ver do you see all interfaces?

If so and you're not getting any errors on boot then I would have to ask that you post your config. Sorry, but I don't see being able to help without seeing it.

Paul

ok paul i have send you an attachment file with my pix configuration , you can note that i don't write nat or globla bec i still have an connectivity problem

sir,

by the way when i apply the command so ver i can see all the interfaces which interface e0, e1 and e2.

thx

You haven't defined any hosts which are allowed to connect to the firewall.

ssh 192.168.x.y 255.255.255.255 inside

or

ssh 10.x.y.z 255.255.255.255 outside

or something along those lines.

friend i don't have to define any of these commands bec i just wana to ping the pix frist and i have define it in icmp permit any inside ....and so , just for your kwolege you have to set ssh or telnet just if i have to connecet to your firewall by pdm asdm or to telnet to your firewall ,it is don't have any related to my problem whatever thanx friend

Hi Emad-

When you try these pings, where is your pc connected? Also, if you do a sh int, do all 3 interfaces show up/up?

Sorry for the delayed response - I've been out of town.

Regards,

Paul

Hi friend :

My laptop in connected to my pix by crossover cable , the strange thing is when i connect the laptop i see the network in my laptop is connected and the sh int e0 showing me up/up

but there is no connectivity in fact at all

i thing it is a hardware problem friend ,so i'll trun back this pix to the vendor

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: