Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

in 7613 SSO timeouts

Hi,

I am having 7613 router with dual sups.whenever I try switchover sup no1 to sup no2 ping takes 10 - 15 timouts.

How do i avoid this?

Thanks in advance.

M.Nagarajan

6 Replies 6

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Nagarajan,

Does your both the sups running exactly same IOS? Can you paste the output of "sh mod" and "sh redundancy"?

Regards,

Ankur

Dear Ankur,

Thanks for your response. Both are running exactly same IOS.

please find the attached file.

Regards,

Raj

Hi Raj

From the output provided i suspect some failure with your secondary sup which results in disabled state on the show redundancy output.

And also as per show module/online diag the status is unknown for the redundant card.

So better try to plug the sup card out and re fix the same..

Under normal conditions the status should be standby hot when you issue show redundancy command. (this is subjected to both the sups having the same ios installed in them).

regds

Hi Raj,

Right now your sup in slot 7 is in UNKNOWN state so I believe either it is in rommon or in continuous boot loop.

You can console into the the sup which is in UNKNOWN state and check what you see on your console terminal. If its in rommon perform manual boot and make it up and once up check the redundancy status and see if they are in HOT state (for SSO only provided both are booted up with exactly same image)

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi Ankur,

I took this output after i have switched over. It takes 5 to 7 minutes become standby hot.

My question is during the sup switch-over my getting 5-15 ICMP timeouts. How do i reduce this timeouts.

Thanks and Regards,

Raj

I took this information after have switched over. It will take 7 minutes become standby Hot.

my problem is during the switch over it takes 5 to 10 icmp timeouts. how do i reduce this timngs. Our network is ISP network even A MINUTE IS CRUCIAL FOR US.

REGARDS,

RAJ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: