cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS and hardware acceleration

santontand
Level 1
Level 1

Using a low-bandwidth link for International locations. Equipment available on each end: 2851 router, 11000 CSS content switch

What are the best approaches to architecture using these devices to provide hardware acceleration, and QOS to ensure maximum throughput and no packet loss for high-priority traffic on the low-bandwidth link?

Also present for LAN-to-LAN IPSEC VPN: PIX 515E and ASA 5520

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

With low-bandwidth links, no hardware acceleration is necessary.

Anyway, the 2851 is already capable of qos/vpn/fw and more features, atspeed of tens of megabits per second.

Hope this helps, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

I was trying to discover a Cisco capability similar to the F5 WANJet, which uses an SSL hardware accelerator and provides QOS. I know that there is a module available for the PIX that utilizes hardware-based compression for the IPSEC VPN. In the scenario that I described, using legacy equipment, maybe the PIX 515E would use a PIX-VPN-ACCEL, and the QOS would be provided by the 11000 CSS. The idea would be to maximize the throughput on a low-bandwidth link and prevent packet loss for specific connections.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card