cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

troubleshooting IPSEC VPN LAN-toLAN

santontand
Level 1
Level 1

PIX 515E's on both ends, one with version 7 of PIX IOS, and one with version 6 -- also, there are no firmware upgrades to the PIX running IOS v6.

IPSEC VPN drops completely in a completely random fashion, and it comes back up after the SA's are cleared. Is the best step at this point to upgrade the v6 PIX to all current firmware and PIX IOS versions? What would I look for after the upgrades if the issue were not resolved?

1 Reply 1

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there i had this problem, but my scenario was like having a router connected to two PIX running 6.3 code. After several testing i got it to work in both 6.x and 7.x. I will attach the config for your reference. The configurations have been picked up from the cisco site only, and i believe it works pretty fine. Another thing could you have a debug isakmp sa and debug ipsec running on your pix so that we could find out the problem, post your logs in case you have collected the error messages.

-Hoogen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: