Where to start?

Unanswered Question
May 20th, 2007

I have no experience in the it industry, where would i start, what kind of roles would i need to begin with?...also apart from ccna what other certificates should i be pursuing?..on average if i study 5 hours a day how long would it take for me to achieve CCNA...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
ankbhasi Sun, 05/20/2007 - 08:52

Hi Friend,

I will recommend to start some role in technical support or NOC where you can get an idea of troubleshooting networks. Also on the other hand you can start some role as a network engineer where you can allign yourself with some senior engineers and start working on live projects or implementations.

Also talking about time it take to clear CCNA , trust me it all depends on your grasping power and dedication. I have come across people who have cleared it in 15 days and some have taken 4-5 months also.

Also I will recommend to concentrate on CCNA and then have some industry experience and proceed with CCNP or if your job role needs designing you can opt for CCDA also.

So CCNA should be first step and then depeniding on your job role, industry you can pursue other advance certifications.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Actions

This Discussion