cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2610 does not recognize NM-ESW-16

mikemoore72
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install a NM-ESW-16 into a 2610 router. The router is running IOS 12.3 (21). When I do a SH DIAG is shows that in Slot 1 and UNKNOWN (type 681) PORT ADAPTER. Further down it gives additional information, such as harware revision, serial number, and shows that the Product Number is NM-16ESW.

Any idea why this device does not show up when I do a SH IP INT? Is there some additional installation/configuration that I need to perform to enable this device?

Yes, I have removed and reseated this module. When the router boots up the lights come on and then go out after the POST is completed.

Any ideas would be a great help.

mike

2 Replies 2

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think you need at least a "plus" image for the ESW modules, what feature set are you running?

Andrew.

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Cisco Etherswitch Modules are supported in IP Plus or above in Cisco IOS releases 12.2T. Beginning with Cisco IOS 12.3 Mainline and 12.3T, the Cisco Etherswitch modules are supported in IP Base or above.

I'll take a wild guess that this module is not supported on the 2610, let me check it out.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card