Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change backgournd image with 7941 phones

g.lacoursiere
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I followed the steps indicated to change the background image on my 7941 phones, but the only image I see when I try to change it on the phone, is the default one.

I dont know where to look for answers.

I join my list.xml file and the two background image, just in case.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gabriel,

The 320x212x12 is the wrong file for 7941G phones it should be 320x196x4. Have a look;

Configuring a Background Image

To create custom background images for the Cisco Unified IP Phone, follow these steps:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Create two PNG files for each image (a full size version and a thumbnail version). Ensure the PNG files comply with the format guidelines that are listed in the "PNG File Requirements for Custom Background Images" section.

Step 2 Place the new PNG files that you created in the following folder on the TFTP server for each Cisco Unified CallManager in the cluster:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\Desktops\320x196x4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Cisco recommends that you also store backup copies of custom image files in another location. You can use these backup copies if the customized files are overwritten when you upgrade Cisco Unified CallManager.

Step 3 Use a text editor to edit the List.xml file. See the "List.xml File Format Requirements" section for the location of this file, formatting requirements, and a sample file.

Step 4 Save your modifications and close the List.xml file.

Note When you upgrade Cisco Unified CallManager, a default List.xml file will replace your customized List.xml file. After your customize the List.xml file, make a copy of the file and store it in another location. After upgrading Cisco Unified CallManager, replace the default List.xml file with your stored copy.

Step 5 To cache the new List.xml file, stop and start the TFTP service by using Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability or disable and re-enable the Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup TFTP service parameter (located in the Advanced Service Parameters).

From this doc for the 7941G/7961G;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080724691.html#wp1030692

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gabriel,

The 320x212x12 is the wrong file for 7941G phones it should be 320x196x4. Have a look;

Configuring a Background Image

To create custom background images for the Cisco Unified IP Phone, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1 Create two PNG files for each image (a full size version and a thumbnail version). Ensure the PNG files comply with the format guidelines that are listed in the "PNG File Requirements for Custom Background Images" section.

Step 2 Place the new PNG files that you created in the following folder on the TFTP server for each Cisco Unified CallManager in the cluster:

C:\Program Files\Cisco\TFTPPath\Desktops\320x196x4

Note Cisco recommends that you also store backup copies of custom image files in another location. You can use these backup copies if the customized files are overwritten when you upgrade Cisco Unified CallManager.

Step 3 Use a text editor to edit the List.xml file. See the "List.xml File Format Requirements" section for the location of this file, formatting requirements, and a sample file.

Step 4 Save your modifications and close the List.xml file.

Note When you upgrade Cisco Unified CallManager, a default List.xml file will replace your customized List.xml file. After your customize the List.xml file, make a copy of the file and store it in another location. After upgrading Cisco Unified CallManager, replace the default List.xml file with your stored copy.

Step 5 To cache the new List.xml file, stop and start the TFTP service by using Cisco Unified CallManager Serviceability or disable and re-enable the Enable Caching of Constant and Bin Files at Startup TFTP service parameter (located in the Advanced Service Parameters).

From this doc for the 7941G/7961G;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080724691.html#wp1030692

Hope this helps!

Rob

unfortunetly i tried all of that with same problem selections unavailable

i don't know what ois missing?!!

Hi all,

I want to try changing the background image, but I do not find any list.xml or the desktops folder in my TFTP path. Should I create the folder by myself ? Or what is missing in my Call Manager ? Thanks.

Wiyandi

Hi, If the file is not in flash: and you don't see the desktop folder in flash:, you will have to create it using mkdir command. Be careful to check the name of the subfolder in Desktops. Their should be a 320x196x12, or something likethat, and its in their that you will place your list.xml file. Look at the log files of your phone (in your browser type the ip address of your phone), this how I found out the name of the Desktops Subfolder. Don't forget to add the tftp-server backgournd.jpg (the name of your files) and tftp-server list.xml, in your router config.

Hope this helps

Hi, too.

Actually the solution you give is for CME. I'm using CM 4.1(3). Thanks anyway.

Wiyandi

Hi Wyandi,

You can;

On your TFTP server, create the directory:

Desktops\320x196x4 (for the 7941/7961)

In there you create the file "List.xml"

From this CCM 4.1.3 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080724691.html#wp1030672

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: