cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telnet session stalling

bericaleb
Level 1
Level 1

Why is Telnet session stalling when I do a telnet session to a router(cisco 1841). THe telnet window comes up but it stalls and then times out and connection is lost. Why is this?

6 Replies 6

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Is it possible to get onto the console login and check the configuration done on your vty ports ?

If possible you can post out the same here so that the same can be verified for possible loopholes ..

regds

hi

from locally where the router is connected you can telnet OK from a PC.

It is from the remote end that you cannot do a telnet session. THis is the problem with the LAN switches. From remote you can't logon as telnet is stalling. Telnet locally is fine apart from console.

Hi

Is there any ACL configured to control the telnet access ?

Also what kinda wan connectivity you are using up over there to connect to your remote end .

regds

Hi

on the routers we dont have any ACL for the telnet session. We're using a Satellite link which goes through two different carriers before getting to the remote branch.

Hi

Is the latency while accessing from the remote locations more than 500 ms or so or even high during load conditions ?

I have seen few cases where the telnet session takes more time even with satellite on one end and leased line on the other..

(Satellite location getting connected to the satellite sp hub and leased line location getting connected to the satellite sp hub with a point to point link)

The status was even worse during peak hours where the link was utilized effectively and no room for other application to make use of the same..

regds

Hi

not too sure where can I check the latency. Which command do I use? If I have to change it, what do I change it to?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: