Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA installation help

mohamed_makled
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Actually , i will install the CSA software on a group of servers which are the following :

-Antivirus server

-Exchange server

-ISA server

-DNS & DHCP servers

-file & print server

-System management server (SMS).

-Back server

I would like to ask you that if the CSA software is incompatable with any servers above or will make any problems

when installing it on these servers.

waiting for your replies

Regards

Mohamed

3 Replies 3

chickman
Level 1
Level 1

Well, if it is 'incompatable' it will not install. If you're curious if any rules that you apply will hinder any operation, sure. My suggestion for the installation is to follow the install guide, and ensure the systems are in there with regard to O/S and system resources.

With regards to rule sets, leave them in test mode while you see what alerts are firing. The install doc does an OK job explaining how you should go about weeding those pertinent alerts from those that are system traffic.

Without knowing what the O/S is of each machine off the top, I'll assume Windows and with that, you'll be fine.

Best of luck!

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

It may be incompatible or interfere with some of the applications running on those servers. You need to test first on either VMs or other test boxes.

I've had trouble with CSA 4.0.X thru 5.1 on a Windows 2003 Server running Trend Micro Officescan 7.3.

I'll try CSA 5.2 and OfficeScan 8 later this month.

Tom

Good point with applications interfacing. I haven't yet ran into any issues with that. Point taken!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card