cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reconfig call flow (?) after upgrading to CCM4.1(3)

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello everyone,

I upgrade CCM 3.3(5) to CCM4.1(3) without any errors. Yet the follow call flow seems not working.

How could I reconfig it in new CCM server? Thank you for your reply.

Outside callers call to hotline#

- Carrier translates it to local#

- CallManager translates it to 1500 and sends it to Unity

- Unity plays greeting of hotline call handler and transfers call to extension #1001

- If 1001 is busy or not answer, call is forwarded to 1002.

- If 1002 is busy or not answer, call is forwarded to 1003.

- If 1003 is busy or not answer, call is forwarded to voice mail of hotline

Howard

10 Replies 10

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Update:

I tried to configure it with Ling Group/Hunt List/Hunt Pilot.

Distribution Algorithm: Top down

Only the following doesn't work:

- If 1003 is busy or not answer, call is forwarded to voice mail of hotline

(Call isn't forwarded to voice mail. it is dropped)

Look forward to your help.

How are you forwarding if 1003 does not answer. One option is to setup a dummy DN and forward all on this DN to voicemail. Make this DN the last option in the line group. Either make this DN the extension in Unity or an alternate extension for the box.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for your reply.

I set up voice message for 1003(forward to VM if no answer/busy). I test the 1003 VM function already. The VM works fine.

Anything I missed, Brandon? I will try the dummy DN later.

Howard

Hello,

I tried the dummy DN, same thing.It seems I need to change the configuration.

Any idea for that?

Howard

BTW, the Unity version is 3.1(6).

It will be upgraded to 4.0(5).

Is is Unity old version bug? Will it be all right after upgrading to Unity4.0(5)?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Howard

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Howard,

Hope things are well for you:) It seems like this should work regardless of the Unity version. What number/DN do you have setup up for the Voicemail box for the Hotline? It can't be 1500 because that is the Call Handler correct. You might want to do a test setup and make the last forward step a phone like a 7940 so that you can see what number is being presented to Unity in the final forward step (you may be able to use Unity Call Viewer, not sure about your older version).

It seems likely the problem is in the number being presented vs the number you have configured for the Hotline Mailbox.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your reply. Now Unity has been upgraded to 4.0(5). Same situation.

I set up DN#1003 for Voice mail box for the hotline.

I use call viewer, the final foward step is presented to voice mail port(that is forwarded to main greeting).

I think it is doing with hotline call handler configuration.

Any solution to make this call flow work?

Thanks.

Howard

Hi Howard,

It sounds like you are very close here :) Try setting up a mailbox (with test greeting etc.) on the Hunt Pilot DN (instead of 1003). So if the Hunt Pilot # is 1700 for example, use this number for the Hotline Mailbox #

Hope this helps! Let us know,

Rob

Hi all,

After reseaching and testing for alomst one week, the issue is fixed!

Basically a new call handler needs to be created for transfering 1500 to Hunt Pilot DN. Then the call will be forwarded to 1001,1002...by Hunt list/Hunt Group.

Thanks everybody.

Howard

Hi Howard,

Thanks for posting back with your resolution! 5 points for good troubleshooting and follow-up.

Take care,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: