Issues with 1310 Bridge and AIR-ANT1949 Antenna

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2007

Hey Everyone,

Currently we're setting up a wireless link in between two buildings about 1/2 mile away from each other and clear line of sight. For this, we're using 1310 Bridges and the AIR-ANT1949 (Yagi) antenna.

The problem that we noticed though is that the bridges do NOT have good performance, even in a controlled lab. With the two antennas sitting 10 feet away from each other, the best signal strength I get is -72dBm or so (one LED while in install mode). Moving to 20 or 100 feet, the best I can acheive is again one light. When I move the bridge to the same location where existing 1310 bridges are working, I get no association whatsoever.

Here are some details:

1. They are already set to max power (they are G radios).

2. The distance was already set to 1 as we are about 1/2 mile away.

3. Both bridges had been set to the least congested frequency which it found to be channel 9 at the time.

My concern is that if I can't get a good signal when the bridges are close to one another, should I expect to get one 1/2 mile away? Can anyone please tell me how good of a signal I should expect with these Yagi antennas if the two bridges are 10 feet apart? 100 feet apart?

Also, does anyone have any experience in how accurately must they be aimed?

Thanks for any help you can supply.

Keith Tyrka

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sethgarnar Mon, 05/21/2007 - 10:46

You should get full signal if they are in a lab. Could be one of your antennas is broken.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode