Dhcp on L2 Vlan Brodcasting for an address without int ip

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2007

I am trying to figure out how to get a L2 dhcp request to pass thru controller and the clinet get an IP. Currently it is a L2 request only and the dhcp server is on the same subnet ( not using controller for dhcp) No ip on the external dhcp server ( Dhcp via L2 broadcast) The client will eventually get an ip after a minute thirty seconds after it gets the microsoft autoip add 169.x.x.x , then the client gets assigned a ip from the dhcp server.What i really need is DHCP passthru and not relay or proxy , the controller just pass the traffic... can this be done i am getting nowhere with cisco support&tac. I need to use this external dhcp server, i cannot use internal dhcp. the external dhcp server hands out /30 addressing...

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
sethgarnar Mon, 05/21/2007 - 10:10

I have had a need for this in the past. From talking with TAC this is not supported yet. That was about 6 months ago. The only thing I could suggest as a work around is that you get a 2nd nic for your DHCP server and set it up on your wireless client vlan. Not the best solution but it will work.

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode