Helpful
Replies

831 router and ospf

yoyo_the_king
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i want configure ospf on my router 831,

but i have ios 12.4(5a) that's not support ospf. there is any upgrade for router 831 who support ospf.

thanks for help.

8 Replies 8

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I checked with the Software Advisor on the Cisco web site. You did not specify but I am guessing that you are running the base feature set. This does not include support for OSPF. If you upgrade the software on the router to the PLUS feature set that should include support for OSPF.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

hi,

how can'i upgrade it.i never do that.

plz help me.

Hi there.

You need IP/FW/PLUS 3DES feature set in order to have OSPF capability on your router ie 12.4(11).

Please check also the Software Advisor Tool at Cisco's web site in order to determine memory requirements.

Hope This helps.

Cheers.

hi,

my router support 3des features.

I believe that all of the feature sets for the 831 within 12.4 do support 3DES.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

how can i found the ios who support 3des and ospf in the same time?

hello yoyo

if you have cco id with sufficient priviledge access, there is a tool called software advisor, which can give you any IOS, with the feature sets that you want to work with (eg, ipsec, ospf etc).. if u do not have access, pls consult your cisco pre-sales engineer, who will be able to help yu with this. or give us the exact requirement and we will try to find this for u..

Raj

hi,

i dont have cco Id,

plz if you can help me; i have cisco router 831 with ios 12.4(5a).

i want configure vpn with 3des and ospf.

but he didn't support ospf.

i want another ios supperted ospf and 3des plz.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card