Views
Helpful
Replies

WLSE for WAN ??

tranchungdt5
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

My company want to manage all Autonomos APs of branch-offices from head-offices.

Link from branch to head-offices is 256 kbps.

May I use WLSE for this scenario ?

Help me, plz.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

andrew.brazier
Level 4
Level 4

Yes you can. A WLSE Express can handle 50 AP's (upgradable to 100). A full WLSE can handle several hundred (at least) APs. You'll need at least one WDS AP on each subnet (best to make it a dedicated AP if you're supporting lots of wireless users, shut it's radio down) and using an ACS server for authentication is also a good idea.

esigoloff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Yes you can use the WLSE over the WAN. If you are not pushing SNMP over your WAN you will need to SEED every IP Address of Every Device (out on your WAN) that you would like to manage. over a 256k link you might see some pretty insane latency when you are pushing new IOS images, but it will work! I would also suggest using SSH rather than Telnet to manage the devices. if you need any other assistance let me know! I have worked with the WLSE, the WLSM and all of Cisco's Controller based products sence the begining!

Thanks

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card