cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WPA / Radius Problem

ablomfield
Level 4
Level 4

I'm working on a large controller based wireless deployment this week and am trying to get WPA configured on one of the SSIDs. The problem I have is that they are using a Radiator radius authenticating against OpenLDAP, which is not exactly a supported configuration. I would have specified an ACS box as part of this project, but there were never any discussions about authentication prior to deployment, and the existing wireless on campus has been using a completely different method. Attached is a copy of some log files when a secure client tries to connect. The error line that stands out is:

Mon May 21 18:45:54 2007: 00:18:de:74:84:62 Unable to transmit key to mobile 00:18:de:74:84:62

I can?t find any information on this, and there is never a DHCP attempt so the client never makes it onto the network. Any ideas of what to try?

Thanks,

Adam

3 Replies 3

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

Radius is unable to transmit the encryption key to mobile after successful Eap Authetication. Check for compatible Raidus server

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

what's the result? I have a customer have very similar problem.

The result was that after extensive testing and troubleshooting we could not make it work. Everything appeared to be configured correctly, but it still failed. I guess that's why there are 'supported' servers! We installed ACS and had it working in two minutes, that was enough encouragement to get them to go ahead and purchase it. We also ended up authenticating against Active Directory, which was already being synched with OpenLDAP rather than trying to query OpenLDAP directly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card