Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect 2 locations over Gigabit Ethernet

NBouassiba
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to connect the LAN?s of 2 location with each other. the provider deliver a gigabit Ethernet between location A and location B. I have in the first location a Catalyst 6000 and in the second location a catalyst 3750G. Is there a document for this example ? what I must follow ?

Thanks

Nouri

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Nouri

Are you going to have extended LAN kinda facility or going to have 2 different setups and want them to communicate over this link connected on the ethernet ?

regds

Hi,

I want to setup a LAN-interconnection between

the locations ( 500 meter between building A und building B ). The LAN in the old building

is based on the catalyst 6000 ( SUP1A and msfc1), in the new building I will install a catalysts 3750G. I want to setup a inter VLAN

routing in the new builing and allow the inter VLAN routing with the old LAN.( see attachement)

Thanks

Hi Friend,

You have to configure intervlan routing on 3650 switch in new building. So on whichever 3750 you want to have intervlan routing make sure you first create all vlans at layer 2 which are in new building as well as old building.

Like vlan 20,30,40,etc etc should be created forst on that 3750.

Once you are done just configure layer 3 interfaces for all those vlans something like

interface vlan 20

ip address

interface vlan 30

ip address

and in same way for all vlans for which you want inter vlan routing and then assign respective clients in their vlan the gateway ip address what you will configure on all layer 3 interfaces.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

OK, Thanks for your help

Regards

Nouri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card