cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems in CM device discovery

chucktiede
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to run a device discovery with CM ver 4.08. I have 3 network ranges setup and the SNMP community strings are correct. But when I run the discovery it finds nothing. Here is the only errors I see in the log from with debug options turned on.

2007/05/21 16:14:37 main DevdiscoverySMFCreateSeedDevice: Start of getting seeds from DCR

Common trust user is: admin

User name in Security context is: admin

2007/05/21 16:14:37 main DCRDevWrapper: dcrProxy is null. So creating...

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (CTM.common).

log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

2007/05/21 16:14:38 main MESSAGE DCRDevWrapper: Fetching DCRDeviceIDs

2007/05/21 16:14:43 main MESSAGE DCRDevWrapper: Finished fetching DCRDeviceIDs

2007/05/21 16:14:43 main MESSAGE DCRDevWrapper: Fetching DCRDevices

2007/05/21 16:14:44 main MESSAGE DCRDevWrapper: Finished fetching DCRDevices

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable devdiscovery debugging under Campus Manager > Admin > Device Discovery > Debugging Options, then re-run Discovery, and post the new log. It will also be helpful to see your NMSROOT/etc/cwsi/DeviceDiscovery.properties and discoverysnmp.conf files.

Here is the log files and conf files. Also I can use Ciscoview or device center and enter the IP and SNMP community strings and see the devices I am trying to discover just fine. These devices happen to be 2821 Routers.

Thank you

You don't have any seed devices added, and the devices you do have in DCR are not allowed by your discovery filter. If you want to find these new 2821s, you will either need to add them as seed devices, or open up your discovery filters to allow for the devices already in DCR to be processed by discovery.