*********Please respond ASAP********

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2007

Hello everyone. I am starting the CCNA class tomorrow and I have no experience or degree in IT. Does anyone have any study tips or things that are helpful? I notice there are different simulators that people recommend but which is best.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hoogen_82 Mon, 05/21/2007 - 19:35

Simulator Boson is good, but its best to get yourself aquainted with the real routers and switches.

Wilson Samuel Tue, 05/22/2007 - 05:30

For a beginner, the best bet would be to start with Todd Lamlle CCNA book, and then followed by CCNA Study Guide by Wendel Odom.

Kindly rate if it helps

Kind Regards,

Wilson Samuel

swright2006 Tue, 05/22/2007 - 10:28

So the books that are given in the training aren't good for studying?

dgoodridge Tue, 05/22/2007 - 23:07

IMHO If it is an official instructor led course then the books provided will contain everything you need to know to pass the exam and usually aren't a difficult read.

However, if you need clarification on certain concepts or are struggling to understand elements then use further reading.

Hope that helps.

swright2006 Wed, 05/23/2007 - 05:42

Thnaks for everyones comments. I am in my second of my four day INTRO course. Alot of things are foreign to me of course, but some things I am catching on to. Once the class is over I intend to re-read the material from the course then use the Cisco Pressbook.

I have the Boson NetSim, what will this do for me?

desai.jaideep Wed, 05/23/2007 - 02:32

Concentrate on what the instructor is saying. Since you have little IT experiance, this would look boring for you.

Also, right now try to complete the whole study material supplied to you before 80% of the course is left. This will give you confidence that you know what is being thaught and sure boost your learning ablilities.

For eg your course is of 10 days:

In first 2-3 days try to finish the study material thet have given.(Its a bit tough but not impossible.Never mind the sleepless night you will have to pass)

then in next 3-4 days concentrate more on the pratical scenerios. By this time almost 70% of the course must have been finished.

In remaining days, keep revisioning from the books and try to study more material.

you need to understand that in tutor's terms you have 10 days. But in your terms you have to study even more in given stipulated time.

In my opinion give the exam as soon as the course is finished because everything is fresh in your mind.

Actually this question must have been put up long before taking the course. You should study in advance. Theis will give a better understanding of the subject and will boost your learning capability.

Hope that helps

This Discussion