Next Choice after Pass CCNA

Unanswered Question
May 21st, 2007

Hi Friend,

I am attemping for CCNA certificate.I going to sit to exam soon.at the same time,I am also thinking of my next step to walk,I do interest in CCIE routing &switching ,but I asked my friend about the most popular CCIE certificate,they told me CCIE voice is the good one.I really find myself hard to decide whichone to start,when I saw the CCNP,CCIE cert it still has many kind like CCIE storage networking,service provider,service provider and R&S.

Can anyone give me some idea on how to decide what to study next?

Thanks for your reply

dman

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hoogen_82 Mon, 05/21/2007 - 19:33

Hi,

First see if the certification you are pursuing suits your job profile. Do you constantly work with Voice related prodcuts, then do study or go for CCIE voice. Look for CCIE studies which complement your work, it would be easier to prepare then.

-Hoogen

desai.jaideep Wed, 05/23/2007 - 02:43

Hi

This is a very important decision you will have to make because for doing CCIE you need to complete the profession level, which will lock your CCIE path. If you are a CCNP, you will have to go for CCIE(R&S) and if you are a CCVP, the you need to go for CCIE(Voice).

According to me the laerning path is not defined by your interest, but by the field you are working in. For Eg, if your company is more tilted towards voice, then doing R&S wont help you. the main hurdle will be the exposure stuff. You will not be able to get the right exposure for R&S because you will not get that type of installation.Instead if you are going in for voice, then you will have the right exposure and experiance which is a must in clearing CCIEs.

CCNA is the very first step in certs and is very easy to clear. You will find difficulty level shooting exponentaly with Prof. and Expert. So choose wisely.

Best of Luck for ur exams.

Regards

JD

Actions

This Discussion