Views
Helpful
Replies

problem in network coused by controllers

ahmedalshami
Level 1
Level 1

dear

when i connected the controller ports(4 links with 4 ap-manager) or two links with (2 ap manager)i have problem with network and the CPU in core switche 6500 the process will be 95 % and also have message in WCS multicasting and storm problem will happen what i can do??

please advice me

4 Replies 4

b.speltz
Level 4
Level 4

What is the error message you received?. Can you copy and paste the error message and let me know it exactly?. I will investigate on this message and let you know the reason for that.

rupert.wever
Level 1
Level 1

Ahmed,

I'd check a couple of places:

#1 - Do you have LAG/Etherchannel enabled on both sides of the link (Controller & 6500)?

#2 - What is your controller multicast mode? Should be disabled (if you don't require wireless multicast apps), or Multicast (and use a unique MG address)

#3 - What is the behavior when you have only one port connected?

thanks

1at:i didnt use LAG i configured the trunk enqap. in core side,

2nd:multicast is disenable

3rd:one port in the primary core its ok

when connect one port in primary and one port in secondary its also ok

but when connect tow or three or four in the primary core the problem happened and i have a lot of arp and multicast storm error also the core cpu process be very high

Please review the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a0080810880.shtml

Using LAG is highly recommended as it not only gives you redundancy, it also gives you load-balancing and you do not have to have multiple AP-Management interfaces.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008076c630.html#wp1186245

Cheers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: