Remove license on CCM 5.1

Answered Question
May 22nd, 2007

Hello,

Can I delete a license file on a CallManager 5.1 ???

Thx a lot ;-)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by jconi about 9 years 6 months ago

Hello,

The licenses are located in a specific directory on the CCM (/usr/local/cm/conf/licfiles/), and the solution would be to delete the licence file from the server.

BUT, as you don't have access to the root, you must open a TAC SR, then a Cisco engineer could remove the license file.

br

jp

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
hanslepire Tue, 05/22/2007 - 00:56

Because I've problems when I restore my CCM and I think that it could be a licenses problem ...

Because the licenses are based on MAC, no ?

Correct Answer
jconi Tue, 05/22/2007 - 02:30

Hello,

The licenses are located in a specific directory on the CCM (/usr/local/cm/conf/licfiles/), and the solution would be to delete the licence file from the server.

BUT, as you don't have access to the root, you must open a TAC SR, then a Cisco engineer could remove the license file.

br

jp

mciarfello Sun, 12/16/2007 - 22:19

I just did a "file license delete *" from the CLI. It didn't delete one of the licenses though. Said it was in use. You can also delete one license file. Lookup the name in system -> licensing -> License Unit Report.

oh. Deactivate the CCM service allowed me to delete that one license.

Why do we want to do this? New server, new MAC address. Have to open a TAC case to have them generate new license files with the new MAC address.

Actions

This Discussion