PIX name command question

Answered Question
May 22nd, 2007
User Badges:

Hi.

I was thinking whether you can use the "no name" form of the command to remove the existing IP address or range and name association then adding the new address or range with the same name.Will that new IP address or range be used in the ACLs and NAT instead of the old address or range where previous range was used?Can that be done in the way I described?

Correct Answer by Fernando_Meza about 10 years 1 month ago

Hi .. no it does not work in that way .. the access-list entry always refers to the name .. if the name is removed with the no name instruction then the access-list entry will show the corresponding IP address instead. If you create another IP address using the same name .. that entry will not be reflected on the access list, instead you will have to add another entry on the access-list again in order to update the new ip address.

I hope it helps .. please rate it if it does !!!!

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Fernando_Meza Tue, 05/22/2007 - 01:51
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

Hi .. no it does not work in that way .. the access-list entry always refers to the name .. if the name is removed with the no name instruction then the access-list entry will show the corresponding IP address instead. If you create another IP address using the same name .. that entry will not be reflected on the access list, instead you will have to add another entry on the access-list again in order to update the new ip address.

I hope it helps .. please rate it if it does !!!!

IgorHamzic Tue, 05/22/2007 - 02:41
User Badges:

Thought as much but it's good to have confirmation.Thanks for the fast reply.

Actions

This Discussion