Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX name command question

IgorHamzic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I was thinking whether you can use the "no name" form of the command to remove the existing IP address or range and name association then adding the new address or range with the same name.Will that new IP address or range be used in the ACLs and NAT instead of the old address or range where previous range was used?Can that be done in the way I described?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. no it does not work in that way .. the access-list entry always refers to the name .. if the name is removed with the no name instruction then the access-list entry will show the corresponding IP address instead. If you create another IP address using the same name .. that entry will not be reflected on the access list, instead you will have to add another entry on the access-list again in order to update the new ip address.

I hope it helps .. please rate it if it does !!!!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi .. no it does not work in that way .. the access-list entry always refers to the name .. if the name is removed with the no name instruction then the access-list entry will show the corresponding IP address instead. If you create another IP address using the same name .. that entry will not be reflected on the access list, instead you will have to add another entry on the access-list again in order to update the new ip address.

I hope it helps .. please rate it if it does !!!!

Thought as much but it's good to have confirmation.Thanks for the fast reply.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card