cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IEEE 802.1x port access entity (PAE) authenticator

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

I upgrade my 3560 to 122-25.SEE2 and the command dot1x pae authenticator is present under my interfaces. What is this command for? I didn't understand the explanations that I have found.

4 Replies 4

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello thomas

this command is just an informational command added prior to 12.2-25SEE.. whenever you enable dot1x globally, and enable it on the interface with the "dot1x port-control auto" command, this command just adds up , by default. this just shows that it has enabled the authenticator functionality on the port. so, i really dont think you need to bother too much about this command :)

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00805a64d7.html#wp1025133

Hope this helps.. all the best . rate replies if found useful..

Raj

If I remove dot1x port control auto from the interface, should I remove the dot1x pae authenticator

Hello thomas,

Yes. it is a good practice to remove the unused commands, if you arent using it :) you can knock off the pae authenticator command if you arent using dot1x :)

hope this helps. all the best. rate replies if found useful.

Raj

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco