cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router 2521

rmmbminola
Level 1
Level 1

i got a 2521 router cheap on ebay 19.99 puls shipping 25.00 which kills you but could i use this unit as a frame relay switch .

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

robert

The 2521 has a Token Ring and ISDN interfaces which probably will not do you much good. It has 2 regular serial interfaces and 2 sync/async interfaces which are useful. You certainly should be able to configure this as a Frame Relay switch.

I am not sure that I can say that I have done this with a 2521, but many times I have configured routers in the 2500 series with 2 serial interfaces as a Frame Relay switch. They work quite nice for this.

Good luck with it.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

The following link will give you a good guide on configuring frame-relay switching.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fwan_c/wcffrely.htm#wp1055676

In my lab I use a 4500-m-ch as my frame switch. It is good in the way that you can load the NP slots with 4T's allowing you to create a large cloud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card