cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ccm 4.0 hunting question

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

having a little issue with hunting on CCM 4.0 when it comes to forwarding to voicemail.

basically i jsut cant get it to work. i put the Voicemail DN as the last and it goes to the enter your password greeting. i am testing from an ip phone that does not belongto the hunt.

what am i missing. im sure this is not as complicated as i am making it out to be.

thanks in advance

5 Replies 5

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

What is the call flow?

Are you using Line groups, Hunt groups? CFNA ?

the Call viewer if using Unity is your friend

Thanks

Call flow goes something like this

call come into the department (internal to organsation as well as external). goes to a phone and then hunts if not answered. if no phone answers it should go to a general mailbox for that department.

i am using line groups, hunt lists and then i have created a hunt pilot.

my test is with two phones, 2010 and 2011. the last in the line group is extension 9000 which is the voicemail pilot number.

I would not put the hunt pilot in the same group has your IP Phone list. You should have a HL list that has Two Groups, Your IPPHONE Group and VMPortGroup. By the looks of it, it appears you are not doing that. One more thing that I would like to add, In Unity watch your call viewer and see whats coming into Unity. Create a routing rule that forwards that call to the correct General Delivery Mailbox.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Arvind,

Just to add a note to the great info you have already received. What is the Hunt Pilot DN# ?

If it is something like 2500 for example, can you try adding 2500 as an Alternate Extension on the Department General Mailbox XXXX.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Guys thanks for all the assistance as usual.

Call viewer was really my friend :)

call routing on the unity worked

alterante extension also worked. i have to do some more reading up on unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: