cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7206 Serial number

mahesh-gohil
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody tell me command to look for Serial number of 7206 chassis.

do not suggest "sh inventory" or "sh inventory raw" as it shows a serial number which is other than one printed on chassis

pl. guide

regards!!

12 Replies 12

rajbhatt
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Have u tried with sh ver ?

Raj

ya

but it shows which is not printed on chassis.

I have tried with 4-5 routers but not showing correct one

regards

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Show inventory is the right command, please try to double check.

The SN is the vendor-unique serialization of the product. Each manufactured product will carry a unique serial number assigned at the factory, which cannot be changed in the field. This is the means by which to identify an individual, specific instance of a product.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00801d2d6d.html

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Agree,

But I have verified with 4-5 7206 routers where output of sh inventory is not matching with serial number printed on chassis.

for other routers it works fine.

Regards!!

Hi Mahesh

Do u see any difference on the ios loaded on the Cisco 7206 boxes ?

regds

Dear edwin,

not getting what do u mean?

pl. explain

regards!!

hi mahesh

i was trying to figure out any ios compatibility makes some difference here. since you have mentioned that some 4-5 routers are not giving you the serial numbers i assumed in few other boxes the other way around..

regds

Ya,

All the boxes have same ios 12.2(25)S9 and giving the same result

I can use number which is printed but for remote location I have to use command.

pl. guide

regards

Hi Mahesh,

AFAIK it is not possible on 7206 platform to get the chassis serial number but can you give this command a try "sh c7200". I will try to confirm if that is possible or not on this platform.

Regards,

Ankur

ya ankur,

this command is working but again it shows which is displayed by sh inventory command

regards!!

mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

I believe there is no way to find the serial number of 7200 chassis via CLI.The 7200 platform has no chassis eprom in which info should be stored.

The only routers whose serial # can be obtained using CLI are 7500s .On these router (7503,7507,7513) you can use the command "show rsp-chassis" to get the serial # of the router.On new 2800 you can use also "show inventory".

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

I believe that show inventory works correctly (displays the correct serial number) on all the ISR routers.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: