cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EIGRP with GRE

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys anyone has got a sample config of having to run GRE between two CE routers(I am having an MPLS network). Would like some EIGRP running inside this GRE tunnel, so that all my LAN network gets its routing via EIGRP.

Any help would be appreciated :)

-Hoogen

4 Replies 4

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Thank you for your response. But I am looking for something close to MPLS and some neat explanation about the config would be great. I am not looking at IPSEC.

I just want to know if I can use my WAN ip provided by my service provides as the IP address for my Tunnel interface IP address by using the command ip unnumbered.

-Hoogen

Hi,

The example is just the same, you just rermove the IPsec configuration and crypto map GRE under the tunnel interface.

In your setup you do not need to care about the underlying MPLS. You just create a tunnel between your CE routers based on the WAN addresses.

You can use whatever you like as the tunnel network, its just for transport not necesarry routed. Then no need for ip unnumbered :)

BR,

Bjornarsb

Hi Hoogen,

As i've replied on you on the MPLS forum.

It should be normal GRE configuration, as the source and destination IPs of the tunnel should be reachable over the MPLS cloud between the CE routers, after configuring the GRE tunnel, run the EIGRP over it.

interface tunnel 0

ip address #

tunnel source #

tunnel destination #

keepalive #

router eigrp x

network

network

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card