Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(3) install fails with 3.0 error

I'm installing Unity 4.0(3) with an off-box Exchange server. When I try to install Unity on the Unity server, I double click the language, click Next, then I get a "Setup can not upgrade from a version older than 3.0" error. This is a lab setup, but what did I do wrong on this one? I'm using the UnityInstall account to install it. the account was not a member of the Domain Admins group, so I put it there but still the same problem. It doesn't matter what account I use, I get the same error. Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

looks like we did not really do a clean install(delete partition and format) but just inserted the Windows OS CD and this just re-copy the system files and which does not wipe out the registry.

This can be fixed using following options

1.Download the unity uninstall utility from www.ciscounitytools.com and clean uninstall unity and try again

2 delete following key from registry HKLM/Active voice. Also delete "commserver" folder and in AD, delete the Unity folder,reboot and try again

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

looks like we did not really do a clean install(delete partition and format) but just inserted the Windows OS CD and this just re-copy the system files and which does not wipe out the registry.

This can be fixed using following options

1.Download the unity uninstall utility from www.ciscounitytools.com and clean uninstall unity and try again

2 delete following key from registry HKLM/Active voice. Also delete "commserver" folder and in AD, delete the Unity folder,reboot and try again

Thanks. That was it. I did not do a clean install of Windows. However, the Uninstall wouldn't run, kept giving me errors about version 2.x, but I did delete the folders/reg key you suggested and was able to install Unity. All is working now. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: