Views
Helpful
Replies

Console connection to a IP Phone 7970

o.artigny
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to connect to a phone like you would connect to a console port of a gateway ?

I have a 7970 that does not start. All I get is a fixed green light on the speaker button. I tried the factory reset but then again nothing happens.

Thanks,

Olivier

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe you can only use a console cable with a phone with an MGCP image. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4967/prod_maintenance_guides_list.html

Have you tried the factory reset as described here in the following link? Make sure that you are powering the phone with an external power brick.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7970g_7971g-ge/firmware/7_0_2_sr1/english/release/notes/70702sr1.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

o.artigny
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Brandon,

We are using SCCP firmware.

Yes, it is the factory reset that I tried. It did not solve my problem.

It seems my 7970 is just good fro trash.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Olivier

o.artigny
Level 1
Level 1

BTW, which one is the console port mentionned in the document ?

"You configure some settings by using telnet to connect to your Cisco MGCP IP phone and enter commands in a terminal window. You can also connect an ASCII terminal to your phone's console port to enter the same commands"

It's the port marked RS 232. I would recommend opening a TAC case on your phone.

Brandon

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Which factory reset have you tried?

After that the phone seeks a term70.default file on the TFT server, have you check availability of that file and monitored the TFTP exchange ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: