cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth on a 2610XM

wgranada1
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering does anyone remember how to change the bandwidth on a 2610XM Version 12.2(27)router? I have seem to forgot how to do this

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The 1544 Kbit doesn't reflect the actual speed of the interface, this bandwidth is used often with routing protocols and QoS for their calculation, it can be changed via the bandwidth command, the actual speed of the serial interface is controlled by the CSU/DSU connected to it as the serial interface is the DTE and the CSU/DSU is the DCE.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

What exactly do you mean by changing the bandwidth, if you are talking about changing the bandwidth that only affect routing protocols and QoS calculations you can use "bandwidth" command under the specific interfaces.

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Well when I do a show interface serial 0/0

I see the bandwidth at 1544 Kbit which I don't think it is right I just wanted to verify the bandwidth setting of the serial interface 0/0 and in the future if I need to

up the bandwidth or something I would like to know how. I know on a T1 card you can change the time slots to get the appropriate bandwidth needed I was wondering how you can do it on a 2610xm

Hi,

The 1544 Kbit doesn't reflect the actual speed of the interface, this bandwidth is used often with routing protocols and QoS for their calculation, it can be changed via the bandwidth command, the actual speed of the serial interface is controlled by the CSU/DSU connected to it as the serial interface is the DTE and the CSU/DSU is the DCE.

Mohammed Mahmoud.

K I thought so but wasn't sure...thank you sir for the info on this

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco