Unity: CallHandler XFER to external number...

Unanswered Question

Unity 4.0(4): I have a CallHandler setup so callers can select "Caller input 2" to transfer to a LongDistance number. I've updated my restrictions tables to permit this number and the number is the first entry in all the restriction tables. When I dial into the main Call Handler and select option "2" from an IPT phone, I always get prompted to enter my user ID and password, then it prompts me for what number to transfer to. I do get transfered successfully and I do have my XFER CallHandler set to "attempt transfer for". This scenario happens whether the IPT phone is a subscriber or not. Is there some type of system parameter that requires signin for transfers even though I'm allowing the number in my restriction tables?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
rob.huffman Thu, 05/24/2007 - 06:33

Hi Michael,

This is the system defined behaviour (makes sense when you think about it). Have a look;

To protect Cisco Unity from toll fraud and unauthorized use when subscribers use Caller system transfers, subscribers must log on to Cisco Unity, enter the number that they want to transfer to, and Cisco Unity performs the transfer only when the CS_Default_System_Transfer restriction table permits it.

From this good doc;

Hope this helps!

This Discussion