cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.0(5). Problem with Echange 2003

jess38
Level 1
Level 1

After I installed Cisco Unity 4.0(5) with Exchange 2003 and Failover on Windows server 2003 the next problem is present:

When users try to lisent their voice messages the system play a message telling that that voice mail server is not connect etc... But only they can hear their messages that are stored temporary in Unity Server.

The Exchange server is up. In the event viewer application appear the eventID 110, sourced by CiscoUnity_UMR with the next description: The Unity Message Repository cannot communicate with the Partner Mail Server to deliver messages. Messages will be held in temporary store until the mail server is available. 1440.

Pls, any information will help.

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00804d2ab0.shtml

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

I already have checked this document too. In TAC, I found the same problem and they used this document to correct it.

But, I already found the problem in my case. During the Unity Installation proccess I selected a wrong Exchange Server, instead of clusters.

In this case, is there a process to correct it, without change the current configuration of the Unity Server and failover setting.

Thank you Sir.

Take a look at the following document which describes the procedure for changing the partner Exchange server.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a7f.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

jess38
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Sir

did u get the answer ....if not

All you have to do is move the messages from failed directory to one up folder that is in

Unitymta.

and then restart the AvUMRSynSvr service .

Any message sitting in failed folder just sit there , until they are manually moved to

Unitymtya folder, restarting above service will deliever those messages to respecive

mailboxes automatically.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: