cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5510 and CSC issue

tahequivoice
Level 2
Level 2

I am having a bear of a time here. I have a new ASA running 7.2, with a CSC-10. I addressed the CSC with 10.128.28.3.23, the inside interface is 10.128.28.1, which I setup as the gateway for the CSC. I cannot ping it, nor access it with ASDM, in fact I had to manually setup the CSC because the ASDM would fail to upload the wizrd config to the session. What am I doing wrong?

3 Replies 3

hoogen_82
Level 4
Level 4

From your CLI you did try to ping any of the ipaddress in your inside segment?

I would ask you to run through the CLI mode again by using session 1 and then setting up your network configuration. Otherwise it should be working.

I would suggest you to have a look at these training modules which give great insight in setting up the CSC module.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le31/le29/configuring_asa_pix_security_appliances.html

There is also a training module for the initial configuration of the CSC module.

HTH

Hoogen

Do rate if you find this post helpful :)

I found the initial problem was I'm an idiot and didnt connect the ethernet of the CSC to a switch. I am so used to CUE-NM with an ethernet jack that isnt used, that I just assumed it worked the same way with the SSM. I finally figured out how to get it to work, but not using the management IP, using the inside instead. For some reason I cant ping across from the management subnet to the inside subnet from the ASDM workstation, in fact I setup a layer3 switch to use for the gateway of the SSM so it can be accessed from the PC. I will read through the link you posted and see if that helps. Currently I have access to it so I can patch it to the latest rev, it is currently two behind, new in the box.

Are there any examples on networking the SCS and ASA so the SCS can be accessed and have internet through the firewall as well as off site access?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: