cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New SUP for 4500 Series!!

770801tvdhaar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Does anyone have inroads to cisco to check if they have plans on releasing a new Supervisor Engine for their 4500 series. example support for more routes would be a great start!

Tyrone

8 Replies 8

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tyrone,

There is a new Sup320 (320Gbps) coming for 4500 in another month's time.I am not sure about the avialbility dates on the same.We do have support for enhanced routing capabilities as well as MPLS support on this.Please check the same with your Cisco's account team.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Amit, do you know if the Sup320 will support full routing table of the internet?

That would be a cracker!!

Tyrone

Tyrone,

I know that it supports IPv6 in hardware but I am not sure whether it supports the full internet routing table. Please get in touch with your Cisco account TEAM and they should be able to give you all details.

HTH,please rate if it does.

-amit singh

I wish I had a Cisco account TEAM :-(

I will check and revert back on the same.

HTH,

-amit singh

Oh thank you very much!!

Tyrone,

The new Sup can handle upto 256K FIB entries. The total internet routing table size is around 240K entries. So it is much closer to that.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Ok thanks for finding out!

Tyrone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card