personal directory and callmanager 5

Unanswered Question
May 24th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello,

I have found the following on CCO, my question on this to the group: is it possible to ?disable? the need to login each time ?

Search Result

Solution #

K51138012

Title

How to configure the Personal Address Book and Fast Dial for IP Phones in the Cisco CallManager 5.x

Resolution

In Cisco CallManager 5.0, the Personal Address Book and FastDials were integrated into Cisco CallManager, instead of the requirement of an IP Phone service as previous versions. From any phone registered to the 5.0 system, go into the directories, then choose Personal Address Book. After you login, then you can choose either the address book or the fast dials. This is also configurable from the Cisco CallManager User page of the Cisco CallManager.

Refer to these document for more information about the respective Cisco CallManager servers:

Release Notes

Cisco IP Phone Services Configuration

Refer to TAC Case Collection Case #K96865419 for more information about the configuration of the Personal Address Book and Fast Dial in the Cisco CallManager 4.x.

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts on this.

Dirk

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
George Venianakis Thu, 05/24/2007 - 01:57
User Badges:

Hi Dirk,

you cannot access the personal directory without loggin in.

I can think of two reasons for this:

1st, this feature is to provide security that no one that sits on somebody's phone can access his/her personal directory.

2nd for mobility, you can access your personal address book from any IP Phone on your network so there is no need to sit on your desk to do so.

Hope this helped.

gmalli Tue, 05/29/2007 - 02:46
User Badges:

Hi,

you can define a Phone Service pointing to:

http://ccm-IP/ccmpd/login.do

with 2 parameters: and

Then associate the service to the phone you want

This way, credentials are supplied automatically when you call the service

Regards

Giancarlo

Hi Giancarlo,

I tried to configure the service as you mentioned on ccm 5.1(3), however I got the following message when post on webpage:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

-

Cisco PD Error

PD Error Message

Error in Authentication

-

Exit

SoftKey:Exit

On IP Phone, the service also got the same error message.

Can you let me know where I configured wrongly?

Thanks,

JJ

philjaeger Thu, 01/03/2008 - 08:24
User Badges:

I was able to get this to work but you need to make sure userid and pin are both lowercase in the service you set up. You also need to make sure you have defined a pin for the user you are trying to set configure. The problem I have is after you get it to work you still need to choose either fast dials or personal address book. If you pick fast dials you have to select the fast dial entry, then press dial, then wait for ok to dial before dialing. Toooooooooooo many softkey entries again. Does anyone know the url to access the fast dials directly instead of having to choos PAB or Fastdials?

snooter Mon, 02/04/2008 - 11:38
User Badges:

Phil, did you ever find the URL to access the Fast Dials directly?

I agree, way to many keys to hit to access the fast dials, kind of defeats the purpose of a fast dial...

Tim Smith Wed, 03/05/2008 - 08:37
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

There is an open bug CSCsI95467 - it is for UCM version 7 - and doesnt appear to be available to view in bug toolkit.

But in summary, it says there is a work around to get PAB to work as a service (same way as it did in windows)

It also says they have not applied the fix to fastdials service yet.

Hopefully they are going to fix both..

However I still think they should give you an option to bypass the login / password.. for personal directory....

I guess we could write our own nicer personal directory :)

Cheers,

Tim.

Actions

This Discussion