Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 5.2 error of installation

itsec-jet
Level 1
Level 1

Kind time of day!

At installation Management Center for Cisco Security Agents 5.2 (with a local database) there is a following error " Unable to populate the Management Center database "

Tried to establish before installation CSA SQL2000 MSDE SP4 but the mistake has repeated.

In what there can be a reason of the given mistake?

Logs in the attached files

Configuration:

Windows 2003 R2 Standard Editions

VERITAS Storage Foundation 4.3 for Windows

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

I'd say your SQL 2000 install didn't work or it couldn't find it.

Is it local or remote?

The log said it found no SQL on the system so it installed SQL Express 2005 instead and then couldn't use it.

Try uninstalling SQL 2000 SP4 (and any other SQL) and then installing SQL, then CSA again.

It should find SQL automatically if it is installed correctly.

Tom

I'v made full uninstalling SQL.

Then has established SQL entering in adjusting package CSA 5.2.

At installation CSA 5.2 there is a same mistake.

It can be depend with perl 5.6.0 (VERITAS)???

The CSAMC install depends on Perl and it supplies it's own scripting engine. I believe it's 5.6.

If Veritas is using the database or has replaced the scripting engine with one that's incompatible, I'd say it's interfering with the install.

CSAMC should probably be the only thing running on that box.

You may want to check with TAC support to be sure or see if there is a workaround (like installing CSAMC first).

When installation will stop with ?Unable to populate the Management Center database? error, in Event Log following record is added:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Application Error

Event Category: (100)

Event ID: 1000

Description:

Faulting application perl.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module POSIX.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00010527.

At input in a command line:

"C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CSAMC\CSAMC52\perl\5.8.7\bin\MSWin32-x86\perl.exe" "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CSAMC\CSAMC52\bin\dosql.csapl" "csamc52DSN" "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CSAMC\CSAMC52\cfg\schema.sql"

given mistake repeats!!!

Whether it is possible to avoid the given error?

Without actually being able to touch the machine, I'll take a SWAG.

Do a search for posix.dll and perl*.exe on the system drive and see what you come up with.

If that turns up more that one version/datetime stamp, that may be your problem (can't execute script).

My recommendation:

If you can, start over completely with a fresh OS install.

That will probably save more time

than trying to troubleshoot a problem that may turn out to be a compatibility issue.

Tom

shgilani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm in the same boat as you and wanted to know if were able to get this resolved. thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: