Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many Conference calls can support NM-HDV network Module

Hi,

We are using 3845 Router as Gateway.we are having NM-HDV module for conferencing with two PVDM-12 SIMM's. Presently we configured one Transcoder session and 5 Conference session. My first question is how many Conference Sessions(Maximum) can we configured using Two PVDM-12(DSP).

My second question is how many Transcoding sessions and Conferencing sessions can i have using each PVDM-12 DSP.

Pls. help me out!!!!

regards,

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

For C549...

If you have 2 PVDM-12, you have 6 DSPs (3 per PVDM)

---------------------------------------------

1 max session for conference per DSP

4 max session for transcode per DSP

---------------------------------------------

You cannot mix XCODE with CONF in the same DSP

the same DSP cannot be used for CONF and XCODE

For your setup you can have:

24 XCODE sessions

OR

6 CONF sessions..

OR

12 XCODE sessions and 3 CONF sessions

etc...

Thanks for your reply.

Can it possible to do DSP Sharing, because apart from NM-HDV module we are connected Two NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 network modules with two numbers of PVDM2-64 DSP's on each module.

Is it possible to share these DSP(PVDM2-64) Resources for Conferencing with NM-HDV Module.( Presently we are having two numbers of spare PVDM2-64 modules)

If yes, please tell me how to configure and share the DSP resources for NM-HDV conference module.

Regards,

When you are mixing C549 and C510 DSPs you can only choose one of those for Conferencing, Transcoding and MTP...and the other version|model for Voice Termination.

For you current configuration I would use the NM-HDV for media resources and the PVDM2-64 for Voice Termination.

you mean to say that i need to add more PVDM12 SIMM's on NM-HDV to increase more number of conferences.

I thought that adding spare PVDM2-64 SIMM's on NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 card, we can increase number of conferences rather buyiny new PVDM-12 for NM-HDV to increase number of conferences!!!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: