Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many Conference calls can support NM-HDV network Module

Hi,

We are using 3845 Router as Gateway.we are having NM-HDV module for conferencing with two PVDM-12 SIMM's. Presently we configured one Transcoder session and 5 Conference session. My first question is how many Conference Sessions(Maximum) can we configured using Two PVDM-12(DSP).

My second question is how many Transcoding sessions and Conferencing sessions can i have using each PVDM-12 DSP.

Pls. help me out!!!!

regards,

4 Replies 4

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

For C549...

If you have 2 PVDM-12, you have 6 DSPs (3 per PVDM)

---------------------------------------------

1 max session for conference per DSP

4 max session for transcode per DSP

---------------------------------------------

You cannot mix XCODE with CONF in the same DSP

the same DSP cannot be used for CONF and XCODE

For your setup you can have:

24 XCODE sessions

OR

6 CONF sessions..

OR

12 XCODE sessions and 3 CONF sessions

etc...

Thanks for your reply.

Can it possible to do DSP Sharing, because apart from NM-HDV module we are connected Two NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 network modules with two numbers of PVDM2-64 DSP's on each module.

Is it possible to share these DSP(PVDM2-64) Resources for Conferencing with NM-HDV Module.( Presently we are having two numbers of spare PVDM2-64 modules)

If yes, please tell me how to configure and share the DSP resources for NM-HDV conference module.

Regards,

When you are mixing C549 and C510 DSPs you can only choose one of those for Conferencing, Transcoding and MTP...and the other version|model for Voice Termination.

For you current configuration I would use the NM-HDV for media resources and the PVDM2-64 for Voice Termination.

you mean to say that i need to add more PVDM12 SIMM's on NM-HDV to increase more number of conferences.

I thought that adding spare PVDM2-64 SIMM's on NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 card, we can increase number of conferences rather buyiny new PVDM-12 for NM-HDV to increase number of conferences!!!!!