Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSM 3.01 doesn't support FWSM 3.1.(4) sw release

Hi to all,

I have to load FWSM 3.1.(4) service module into CSM 3.01., but the max software release supported is 2.3.(1).

Where I can find the patch?

Thanks

Leonardo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

CVDM is embedded software in the Cat6500, but the point is you can't use it to manage the FWSM. You have to add the FWSM as a standalone device into CSM without going through the initial switch discovery.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See this reply:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde739e/3#selected_message

You should be able to get the FWSM into CSM 3.0.1 by following those steps. The only "patch" beyond that is CSM 3.1 which is available (provided you have a contract) from http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ .

This CVDM is an embedded software in cat6500?

How does it work? With this embedded software I can load my 3.1.4 FWSM into Cisco Security Manager 3.01?

Tks

Leonardo

CVDM is embedded software in the Cat6500, but the point is you can't use it to manage the FWSM. You have to add the FWSM as a standalone device into CSM without going through the initial switch discovery.

Hi Joe or anybody else ;),

I inserted stand alone FWSM 3.1.(4) module into CSM 3.0.1.

During discover policy, it gives me the error about version unsupported. You told me, that I can leave this error, using CSM 3.1.

the error...

----------------------------------------

Description

There is a major change on device FWSM-ROMA.

The target type changed.

The version on device is: 3.1(4), platform: Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module, mode: ROUTER, multiplicity: SINGLE, target type: TARGET.UNDEFINED.

The version in CSM database is: 2.3(1), platform: Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module, mode: ROUTER, multiplicity: SINGLE, target type: TARGET.FWSM.L3.

Operation stop

Action

Please verify running device version with the version in Cisco Security Manager database

Recreate device in Cisco Security Manager Database if needed

------------------------------------------

The CSM3.01 Supported devices document says about that:

Supported Software

Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module?Firewall Services Module Software

Release 2.2, 2.3, and 3.1.

The error description says that:

....The version in CSM database is: 2.3(1),...

So, if I can manage 3.1, why the error description says that in the database is stored the 2.3.(1)?

I don't currently have a FWSM running 3.1 to test, so I am going off old service request data that indicates this should work per my previous instructions. However, if you're still having problems, you might try either asking on Security > Firewalling board, or moving to CSM 3.1 Professional which has full support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: