cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS on 4948

bryan.lofland
Level 1
Level 1

I have a trunk on a 4948 to a Cisco 5513. The 5513 can't set any QoS options so I can't trust the dscp or cos on the trunk.

I have a vlan that handles the voice traffic (vlan 64). What is the access list that I would apply to the trunk interface to allow me to set the dscp on that vlan to a specific value? This is what I currently have for a pertinent config:

class-map match-all VoIP

match any

!

!

policy-map VoIP

class VoIP

set dscp cs6

I know that I need to set the class-map VoIP to match access-group <<access-list>> but I just don't know the config for the access list.

The other vlans I need to allow on that trunk are 65-68,192,172,241. Thanks for any help you might give me!

3 Replies 3

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The Cisco Catalyst 4948-10GE offers superior per-port quality of service (QoS) features to help ensure that network traffic is classified, prioritized, and scheduled optimally to efficiently manage bandwidth-hungry multimedia, and time-sensitive and mission-critical applications QoS features (including DBL) on the Catalyst 4948-10GE, refer to the QoS on Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series supervisor engines overview at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/prod_white_papers_list.html

Thanks for your reply but I have a regular 4948 (not the 10GE version). Also I know that it provides some QoS capabilities and I am currently using them but I was hoping someone could let me know how I tag a single VLAN on a trunk while still allowing non-marked VLANs on that trunk. I am pretty sure I need a ACL for that.

For VoIP, you'll need to mark it as "dscp ef", not "cs6". "CS6" is normally used for Ip routing.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card