cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing the status of my voicemail on a 7941

brainwave89
Level 1
Level 1

What are the steps needed to change my voice mail status to "On Vacation" or "In a meeting" as an example?

Thank you for looking.

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi John,

Here are the Greeting Options and the method used to change/record them for Unity VM;

Changing Greeting Settings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco Unity allows you to record up to five personal greetings. You can enable as many greetings as you want, and you can specify how long you want a greeting enabled.

Alternate Greeting - Enable this greeting to play during a specific time period when you want to indicate special circumstances, such as when you are on vacation. (For example, "I will be out of the office until....")

As long as it is enabled, the alternate greeting overrides all other greetings.

Busy Greeting - Enable this greeting to indicate when you are on the phone. (For example, "I am currently on another line, please leave a message....")

As long as it is enabled, the busy greeting overrides the standard, closed, and internal greetings when your phone is busy.

Internal Greeting - Enable this greeting to provide information that coworkers need to know. (For example, "I will be in conference room B until noon today....")

As long as it is enabled, the internal greeting overrides the standard and off-hours greetings, and plays only to callers within your organization when you do not answer your phone.

Closed (Off Hours) Greeting - Enable this greeting if you want Cisco Unity to play a special greeting during the nonwork hours that your Cisco Unity administrator specified for your organization. (For example, "Sorry, I am not available to answer your call. Company office hours are...")

As long as it is enabled, the closed greeting overrides the standard greeting during nonbusiness hours.

Standard Greeting This greeting plays during the work hours that your Cisco Unity administrator specified for your organization, or in other situations when no other greeting is enabled.

By design, the standard greeting cannot be disabled.

Enabling, Recording, and Disabling a Greeting

You can manage all five of your greetings by phone or from the Cisco Unity Assistant. When you enable a greeting, you specify how long you want it enabled. Cisco Unity will play the greeting in the applicable situation until the date and time that you specified arrives, and then the greeting is automatically disabled. For example, you can set your alternate greeting to stop playing on the day that you return from a vacation. You can also enable a greeting to play indefinitely, which is useful when you enable a busy or a closed greeting.

From this good Unity doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080640504.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Wow! Thanks for your time and all of the information.

John

You are most welcome John! Hope it helped :)

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: