cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wierd RME error??

thefindjack
Level 1
Level 1

VLAN RUNNING May 24 2007 16:03:52 CM0012: Unable to create new version on archive $1 Action: Check if disk space is available and directory has required permissions

I have checked disk space and their is plenty, i have looked at the version tree and it is fine. Any suggestions on why I am getting this error? This is on a Cisco 3750 PoE switch.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It is not possible the username is different. When you run this script is the RME database running? dmgtd needs to be running for these scripts to work.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like CSCsh39475. Patch is available from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-rme .

I dont have a "install dir/bin/perl" folder in my CiscoWorks install directory, so I created a "perl" folder in my "bin" folder. I also installed active perl on my LMS server. Then when I try to run the script it generates and error on line 14. States it cant find CRM.pm? Im I missing something here? Please explain further....Thanks

You should have a file, NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe where NMSROOT is the path into which you've installed CiscoWorks (e.g. C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx). DO NOT create a directory NMSROOT\bin\perl.

You do not need to install any other Perl distribution. CiscoWorks ships with its own. You must also run the CiscoWorks version of Perl to apply the patch. For example:

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe C:\temp\patch.pl

Also, if the ActiveState Perl changed the Path environment variable, you must reset it such that the CiscoWorks components appear first in the path.

I got it now, In the directions to install it looks like /perl is a directory instead of an executable inside the /bin directory. I got it installed, only thing is that Im trying to specify my username/password and in the script and it isnt liking it. I have the Common Services DB password written down but is the username going to be "admin" or something else? Is their a default username? Thanks Again for the help.

The RME database password is DBA. The default password is random. You can use NMSROOT\bin\dbpasswd.pl to change this.

Ok still having trouble running the scripts. I changed the password and set it up in the perl script and i just keep getting the same error about it not liking my credentials. So I changed the password again, same thing. Is it possible the username is different? and if so how would I find out what it is?

DBConnection Failed for connection string 'UID=dba;PWD=password;DSN=rmeng'

It is not possible the username is different. When you run this script is the RME database running? dmgtd needs to be running for these scripts to work.

Thanks! I got it all working and cleared out the mismatches. I forgot to restart the DB after I shut it down to install the patch. Thanks for all your help in this matter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: