Views
Helpful
Replies

5609 redundent sup720

osamaokok
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,,,

The problem that we had is with the redundant supervisor engine sup720 it is always boot to the rommon mode, we had copy the same ios (s72033-ps-mz.122-17d.SXB1.bin) from the active sup720 to the disk0 and copied it to standby sup720 and when we issue the following command

Rommon>boot disk0: s72033-ps-mz.122-17d.SXB1.bin it boots normally and the switch is working fine, we copy the ios to the sup-bootflash in the redundant sup720 and we issue

Router(config)boot system sup-bootflash: s72033-ps-mz.122-17d.SXB1.bin

Router#copy run start

Router#reload

The switch boots in rommon mode again.

Please find attached switch RAR file including running-config, snap shoot from both sup720 and the crashfile.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

We would like to check the config-register settings on the standby Sup engine which is creating the problem. Would you be able to make the Standby Sup as an active one and then try checking the Sup's config register. Once you are on the standby sup after making active with console, Do the following:

remote login switch

show version

This should tell us the config register settings on the sup side. Try chanhing to 0x2102, if its other than 0x2102.

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Hi Amit

the config register in the standby sup is set to 0x2102 and i already posting the sup720 needed config and crashfiles.

I can made standby sup720 active only when i boot from the disk0:

rommon 3 > boot disk0:s72033-ps-mz.122-17d.SXB1.bin

then i copied the ios to sup-bbotflash

Router(config)boot system sup-bootflash: s72033-ps-mz.122-17d.SXB1.bin

Router#copy run start

Router#reload

The sup720 boot in rommon again.

regards

Hi Friend,

Can you manually boot again and set the boot path as "boot system flash sup-bootflash: s72033-ps-mz.122-17d.SXB1.bin" and then wr mem and then try reload again.

Also I believe you must be having image on your sup-bootflash:

HTH

Ankur

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card