Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity-Domino6 connection problem. DSDomino error 1014

azekisaack
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Unity doesn`t send voice-mailes to Domino6 server. This is a Unity 4.0(3). Unity was originally integrated with Domino5 server. Then domino server became unstable and I had to reinstall the system and make a new Domino6 server. I`ve changed all the necessary fields in Unity to new server(as Domino R6). But it still posts such errors:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSDomino

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1014

Date: 5/25/2007

Time: 10:05:39 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Cisco Unity couldn't open the Notes database names.nsf on Server.... Notes system error.

and the next error:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSDomino

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1025

Date: 5/25/2007

Time: 10:05:39 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Unity will not be able to Sychronize with the Domino Directory.

DUCS is installed on the new Domino6 server.

If I lanch the lotus notes client on the Unity - I can view address book on the Domino6 server - so there is access to names.nsf. I even send test-messages to my mail through Unity domino account.

All new voice-messages are kept in UnityMTA directory. And notes client installed at Unity server is ver 5. Client ver.6 didn`t help to solve this problem - even more error messages appeared.

How to fix this problem???

10 Replies 10

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for reply, but the network is stable and making proxy timeout in Notes longer doesn`t help to fix my problem.

jacoffeyajc
Level 1
Level 1

I had to follow the steps listed in this document to complete the move to another Domino server. If you haven't done this, try it and see if it helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a008020728a.html#wp1135990

Thanks for post. I`ve made all changes in accordance with this instruction. But still have the same errors as posted at the begining of the theme. Only these two errors...

a.cruea1980
Level 3
Level 3

Yeah, Unity and Domino really don't play nice together sometimes.

In my experience, if the names.nsf gets modified too much in a day, Unity flips out and refuses to connect to the names.nsf address book. This will also happen if you run any checks on the address book.

Basically, what happens is Lotus needs to edit the address book with the admin4 function and locks Unity out. Unity handles this a few times and will sometimes pick back up and reconnect to the address book, but I've never had any luck with it.

The only fix I ever figured out was bouncing the Unity server every day after Lotus did its thing to the address book so that there was connectivity throughout the day, but even then, as I said, when too many users got added to Lotus, Unity stopped playing nice with Domino and croaked.

azekisaack
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody exactly know or have experience of connecting Unity 4.0(3) with Domino server 6.5 ???

What are you looking for?

I`m looking for method of connecting Unity 4.0.3 with Domino 6.5.

I`ve found an interesting table at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cuclientmtx.html#wp40707. But only version of Lotus Notes CLIENT is mentioned there. What about of version of Domino SERVER?

Hi,

Here's a table that lists the supported Unity versions/Domino server versions:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/41/requirements/40_41cusysreq.html#wp34211

According to that table, Domino server 6.5 is not supported with Unity 4.0(3).

Nancy

Thanks for help. I upgraded Unity up to 4.0.5 and everything is allright now!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: