Helpful
Replies

Cisco CRS Node Manager Fails

mnour401917_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a problem with the IPCC software i installed,

CRS Node Manger fails to start, This is the error Messege i get.

-----------------------------------

5/18/2007 9:40:30 AM Service Control Manager Error None 7031 N/A NLCCM01 The Cisco CRS Node Manager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5095 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

----------------------------------------

Thank you for your help

10 Replies 10

neesharm
Level 1
Level 1

Are you getting an update tool error also ?

if yes then

Go to serviceability tool. Check the IP address of LDAP. Change LDAP IP to correct one and then try starting it again

Is it integrated with AD or DC ?

Hi neesharm,

Thank you for the reply,

It is Integrated with AD, I am not getting update error. The Administration page of CRS is not loading. How can i get to serviceability tool?

cheers

You can go to start --->program ---->crsadmin (and you should see the option somewhere there )

Also open the following file with notepad and check the setting

c:\WINNT\system32\ccn\ccndir.ini file

if it was working before then look at the backup file c:\WINNT\system32\ccn\ccndir.bak

copy the contents of c:\WINNT\system32\ccn\ccndir.bak file to c:\WINNT\system32\ccn\ccndir.ini file save it

Then use the servicebilty tool to sync the sevices and then restart cisco node manager service from control panel

I have The CallManger also installed in the same Server, Could that affect the CallManger service too. I mean is the ccn directory is also used by callmanger. beside the callmanger is working fine with the AD integrated to it.

The CallManger is Currently in Production...If i do the changes you told me can that affect the performance or will it require a reboot of the Server.

thanks

are the entries in c:\WINNT\system32\ccn\ccndir.bak file correct ?

Were you able to get to servicibilty window ?

was the ip address etc correct

If its a production server ...I would recommend opening a TAC case and getting an engineer setup a meeting session to look at whats going on

Hey neesham,

I have opened a Cisco TAC Case already i'm just waiting to hear from them.

I did not change any thing to the server yet, but i looked at the files you told me...the information looks correct to me, however there is no IP address...There is a DNS name for the AD server. would you recomend using DC instead of AD

Cheers

looks like a DNS issue to me ... I think changing hostname to ip address might fix the problem ....but lets just leave this to TAC experts.

Dont make any changes like changing it to DC

(it will complicate the matter )

It would be great if you could post the resolution after it is fixed

Take care

I will update you on that. Can DNS problem affect the Functionality of CRS.

cheers

Hi neesharm,

I am back to update you on the problem i had with the CRS Node Manager.

I wasn't able to get the help i needed for two days from TAC, They told me to do different things..still did not work.

Finaly i tried to do what we discussed. make changes on the LDAP configuration. that worked well.

CRS Node Manger Service Started.

How ever i still have a problem CRS SQL Server, shows RED on the Control center.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: