Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about setting up TV over my IP network

Neuromancer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I don't know much about VoD/IPTV. I am interested in streaming/multicasting a tv channel over my LAN. What equipment/programs do I need to convert a TV signal (over the air/cable) to IP and multicast it out to a network?

Any help is appreciated!

-Chris

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

Check this link it will provide you the details of iptv

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/pr67/pr30/iptv/

robinhepburn
Level 1
Level 1

What size of setup are you considering? I'm working one a system right now for two sites - one with 510 users and one with 150 users. we are looking to provide satellite TV to entertain staff in work camps out in the Sahara. The secret is getting multicast routing working which isn't scary and set up igmp snooping on the edge switches. Check out www.exterity.co.uk for information. I'm sure there are numerous companies who do this but these products aren't as scary expensive as some I've seen and work very well indeed.

robinhepburn
Level 1
Level 1

What size of setup are you considering? I'm working one a system right now for two sites - one with 510 users and one with 150 users. we are looking to provide satellite TV to entertain staff in work camps out in the Sahara. The secret is getting multicast routing working which isn't scary and set up igmp snooping on the edge switches. Check out www.exterity.co.uk for information. I'm sure there are numerous companies who do this but these products aren't as scary expensive as some I've seen and work very well indeed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: