EoMPLS - 3750ME Vs 3845

Answered Question
May 24th, 2007
User Badges:

Hi,

We're in the design stage of implementing an EoMPLS enabled network and am just in the process of spec'ing the equipment. As a PE Ive drawn in either a 3845 router or a 3750 metro L3 switch. The 3750 metro is the cost effective option but Im leaning towards the 3845. However, I need to justify this choice and the 3750ME info is sparse.

Has anyone got any figures or experience in the choice of these devices? Both do MPLS/LDP/QoS/OPSF etc etc so Im assuming its a case of performance. Im having difficulty justifying the design without hard evidence :)

Many thanks.

Correct Answer by swaroop.potdar about 9 years 10 months ago

You may want to consider ME3750 and dedicate this device purely for the EoMPLS transport and aggregation of local links.

But the choice may depend on what kind of port density you are looking for, what media types fall under the local aggregation etc.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
swaroop.potdar Sat, 05/26/2007 - 01:49
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

You may want to consider ME3750 and dedicate this device purely for the EoMPLS transport and aggregation of local links.

But the choice may depend on what kind of port density you are looking for, what media types fall under the local aggregation etc.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

swaroop.potdar Mon, 05/28/2007 - 09:53
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Daniel that was a good link regarding product stats. can be used for comaprision and for ready reference.

Cheers,

Swaroop

Actions

This Discussion